Quizzes are an important individual grading item of the course (15% of the overall course grade!). Most importantly, they allow you to stay up-to-date with the lectures on a weekly basis.
- Each quiz will have 5 questions
- Questions will be multiple choice. You will be able to distinguish questions that have only one correct option (radio button) from the ones that have multiple correct options or possibly none (checkbox). The latter will also be marked with “Check all that apply” in the question statement
- Quiz i will always cover the material from week i and will be held in week i+1
- Each correct option is worth the same portion of the total points awarded by the question
- Each incorrect option “cancels” one correct option, i.e. each incorrect option subtracts the same percentage as one correct option
- If you end up earning less than zero on a question, you will be awarded zero points for that question For example: if you have a question with 4 choices, 3 of which are correct, each one of the correct options will be worth 33%. Incorrect option will be worth -33%. If you end up marking only the incorrect option, you will get 0%.
The quizzes are worth 15% of the total course grade. The two worst quizzes won’t count for the final grade. As a consequence, up to two quizzes in which you don’t participate won’t count.
The quiz will be held during the first 15 minutes of every Friday lab session (i.e., 13:15-13:30), starting in week 2 (Fri 29 Sep). During those 15 minutes, you will have 10 minutes to solve the quiz. At 13:30 the quiz will end (even if you started later than 13:20, so start on time). After the quiz ends, you will be able to see your score and the correct answers to the questions. The quiz will be held online on Moodle. We will not answer questions during the quiz.